Looking for ways to boost your income? Check out these resources to help you with your money journey.
Savvy’s Key Tips for Success
- We’ve been successful but anyone can do it. You just have to step out and believe in yourself. You have to sit down, make a plan, and know how much you’re willing to do. But it’s definitely achievable. It’s definitely doable. Find a team, network, and use everyone’s expertise to grow and scale to achieve your goals.
- Don’t just make small plans. Make bigger plans because it allows your imagination to grow into all the steps you need to take in your life to make a change.
- If you’re in relationships with someone, that person needs to understand what your foal is. If they can’t respect it, you might need to revaluate that relationship, because not everybody can go where you grow.
How To Find Deals in This Market
There are so many ways to find motivated sellers. You can pull address lists based on the criteria for your buyer.
I call that reverse prospecting, So you have conversations with your buyer to understand exactly what they’re looking for you. Then, take that information to then run an analysis on the area and before you go into any area, you need to understand that area, but then you can pull a list of people who may be absentee owners or who have tax lanes.
You can send letters, text messages, or you can do cold calls to those people. All methods work. It’s just a manner of being consistent. You can go knock on doors, you can drive for dollars which is driving around neighborhoods and looking for properties that are obviously distressed. They may have boarded-up windows, overgrown grass, overflowing mail, etc. That’s your vacant property. Give them a call and see what’s going on and reach out to the neighbors they usually know what’s going on with the property. They usually tell you everything.
1. What is one fun fact about you that not that many people know?
Sonya: I love adult coloring books
Jazmine: I lived in Egypt for five years, and I used to speak fluent Arabic.
Torena: When I was in the US army, I was missing action in Thailand. I had appendicitis and was in the hospital. No one knew where I was living so my name is in the White House somewhere.
2. Who inspires you the most and why?
Sonya: I would have to say Napoleon Hill because he wrote Think and Grow Rich.
Jazmine: It’s not a person but the journey itself. It has given us so much respect and admiration and gratitude and, understanding. I believe that in order for me to grow, I’ve got to reflect on the things that I’ve done in the past. I can not make those same mistakes or errors that I did.
Torena: My mom. Every year. my siblings and I take a moment to share with her what has happened in our lives over that year and what our mother did to influence us or help us through it to encourage her. It’s our way to give back to her other than Mother’s Day. I encourage everyone to do that too. Not just your mom, but anybody who’s been influential in your life. Not only let them know how great they are but share an example of something that happened in your life this year and what they instilled in you to help you get through it. Share how you are a better person because of them.
3. What books are you reading now or have read and loved that you’d recommend?
Sonya: If You Can’t Wholesale After This: I’ve Got Nothing For You by Todd Fleming
Jazmine: Frequency: The Power of Personal Vibration by Penney Pierce
Torena: Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill
4. What is one actionable tip or piece of advice that you can tell our moms out there to help them on their financial independence journey?
Sonya: Get off your butt and do something. Get up and do it. It’s not going to come to you. Put yourself first and collect your coin period.
Jazmine: I’m going to give you some multi-million dollar advice for free. You will not achieve this thing until you understand what you’re willing to sacrifice and what you’re willing to risk and in sacrifice and risk, it gets really uncomfortable. It’s so uncomfortable, it’s so frustrating, sometimes you might throw some stuff. You might need to go scream a place. You’re not only going to get uncomfortable, but you’re also going to live in it. You’re going to sit in that thing and you’re going to feel it. It’s going to be a test to see how badly you truly want it. The harder that test and the more you want to give up, the bigger that return is on the other side.
Torena: Make sure you protect your assets so you don’t have to worry about it later. Check out Mr. Land Trust to learn more on how to protect your real estate and other assets.
Meetup.com for networking
Find a mentor at Score
Connect with Savvy Virtual Solutions