Looking for ways to boost your income? Check out these resources to help you with your money journey.
Erin Helle is a Real Estate Investor and founder/owner of BC Global Investments. She is also a licensed REALTOR® in the state of Tennessee. Erin served in the US Army for 12 years and loved every minute of it. She excelled as an Engineer officer, shattering glass ceilings and paving the way for women who came after her. After having kids, she sought something different. Erin wanted to be successful, and show her daughters the value of hard work and creating something to be proud of, but did not want to be tied to a 9-5 job and be told where to be and when to be there. So, she embarked on a quest to figure out exactly what that looked like. Navigating the terrifying yet incredibly fulfilling journey to buying her first rental property led to the realization that she loved chasing the deal, negotiating, and building a solid future for her family. She, along with her husband and her business, owns a real estate portfolio valued at over $1.8 Million and she is just getting started!
Erin loves to help people achieve financial freedom through Real Estate Investing and is passionate about coaching, training, and mentoring people to be successful. Erin loves to travel, workout, hang out with her studly husband, and spend as much time exploring the world with her two beautiful daughters.
Erin is knowledgeable, trustworthy, and professional. She provides a level of unmatched service to all of her clients and will treat you like family!
What is House Hacking and What are the Benefits
- House Hacking is when you buy a house (single-family, duplex, triplex, or fourplex; live in one unit; and rent the rest or rent a room). Have to live in the house for a year but get access to amazing low down payment loans.
- Live very inexpensively
- Low financial entry typically as low 3.5%-5% down
- Military House Hacking is when you use a VA loan with 0% down.
- 4 ways to get paid!
- Cash flow – After mortgage payments, taxes, insurance, and factoring in capital expenses, vacancies, repairs property management, and any other monthly expenses, it’s the month left over.
- Appreciation – The value of your property goes up every year, just because that’s what it does. That’s not just inflation. Inflation is a small part of that, but property values just historically appreciate.
- Loan paydown- Your tenants pay-down your loan every month increasing your net worth as your balance gets less and less.
- Tax perks – there are significant tax implications and tax benefits that you can take advantage of as a landlord. Check with your accountant.
- If you are in debt, you can work with a lender to build up your credit.
- All you need to do is purchase 3-4 properties and your net worth will skyrocket.
1. What is one fun fact about you that not that many people know?
I just like to do anything outside, anything that could keep me active and anything that I can do with my daughters.
2. Who inspires you the most and why?
Brand Turner from Bigger Pockets
3. What books are you reading now or have read and loved that you’d recommend?
Heads I Win, Tails You Lose: A Financial Strategy to Reignite the American Dream, by Patrick H. Donohoe
4. What is one actionable tip or piece of advice that you can tell our moms out there to help them on their financial independence journey?
Just do something. Take action. I think that’s what separates the people that do it from people that don’t. The people that succeed are the ones who are willing to take action. You’re going to have setbacks here and there, but you can’t make progress if you don’t get out there and move forward. In order to do that, you need to figure out exactly where you want to go and that’s step one, figuring out your vision. Layout some goals and get really, really specific, and really honest. Then pursue them ruthlessly.
- Check out Erin’s published articles on Bigger Pockets
- Erin’s Book and Courses
- Samb Group
- BC Global Investments
Connect with Erin