Looking for ways to boost your income? Check out these resources to help you with your money journey.
Kat Mclead is the creator of the Stay at Home Mom Entrepreneur: *the* proven framework for creating a highly profitable business that you love while working 2 hours a day.
She started her first multiple 6 figure business 20 years ago and hasn’t slowed down since — not even after having my son. A fun fact: That business’s profits meant that she had way more money than her husband when they first got married and was able to pay the entire $450,000 down payment on their home. Not that he minded!
She fully planned on being a pampered Stay at Home Mom, but once her son began preschool, and she actually had ME time again for the first time in years, she became restless. So she came out of “retirement” and started coaching her friends just to give her a little extra buzz.
Since then, she’s helped so many Stay at Home Moms find fulfillment and independent income outside of motherhood all while staying Mom first.
AND that’s how she developed THE ONLY BUSINESS FRAMEWORK specifically designed for a BUSY MOM.
Kat’s 4 Steps for Starting Your Perfect Business
- The first step is to pinpoint your perfect business idea. This business idea needs to be high profit for the time spent. It’s essential for it to be profitable, purposeful, and pleasurable or it won’t last.
- Craft the right offer by conducting market research with your ideal clients to really connect with them. Listen to them, get to know them, and make the focus all about them. Make sure to ask the most important question “Would you pay for this?”
- Command your premium profit. This means that you treat your business like a boutique because that’s what you are, a boutique business. You’re not a Walmart that needs like a zillion clients to have any profitability. Instead, you want to be the higher-end offering. The way you do that is by going deep into that pinpointed niche, the more specialized you are, the more you can actually charge.
- Talk about what’s going to happen to your client if nothing changes so you’re really grounding them into the life that they don’t want. You’re just making them realize I want different for my life. The key factor to signing clients is bridging the gap. Connect the dots for them on what their pain point is and the pleasure they want. Don’t leave it for them to connect because they won’t. Show them what’s going to happen when things change and they get what they want versus what happens if they do nothing and standstill. Then boom, you’re the one that’s going to get them there with your expertise.
1. What is one fun fact about you that not that many people know?
I can rock the splits on both sides at the age of 42.
2. Who inspires you the most and why?
My husband, which I know it feels like such a strange answer, but my husband is such a stable, loving, warm guy.
3. What books are you reading now or have read and loved that you’d recommend?
The Big leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level by guy Hendricks.
4. What is one actionable tip or piece of advice that you can tell our moms out there to help them on their financial independence journey?
Take 30 minutes a day to start your business, make this a non-negotiable time. If you have kids do this before they get up in the morning or after they go to bed. For this 30 minutes a day, you’re hyper-focused on what’s going to move your business forward. If you have an existing business, during these 30 minutes you work on client acquisition activities. This doesn’t mean scrolling or checking your email unless this is a client acquisition activity. You focus on your business and you can truly move it forward in that 30 minutes a day.
- Free SalesForce 5-Day Challenge
- Pinpoint your perfect high-profit business with Kat
- More on Kat’s Hyper Focused Coaching
- ChooseFI Podcast