Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:00:58 — 139.5MB)
Connect with the Investor Mama Tribe
Looking for ways to boost your income? Check out these resources to help you with your money journey
Erin Riska is a passionate writer and entrepreneur who has made a name for herself as a freelance writer and founder of Search & Rescue, providing fractional talent acquisition services to small and scaling businesses. With a deep love of travel and a desire to help others experience the world on their own terms, Erin provides resources, tips, and guidance for those looking to create a more flexible and fulfilling lifestyle. Erin is a true inspiration to anyone looking to live life on their own terms.
1. What is one fun fact about you that not that many people know?
When I was in high school, I appeared on the television show, Rescue 9-1-1.
2. Who inspires you the most and why?
I have two girlfriends in particular, Monica and Christine, who are both longtime solopreneurs and entrepreneurs. They’re both just absolutely phenomenal people, who inspire me for dreaming big and then execute. I’m inspired by people who are really, really good at getting things done and making things happen.
3. What books are you reading now or have read and loved that you’d recommend?
Digital Nomad Moms: Women who Carved Out Successful Remote Careers to Travel the World with their Children
4. What is one actionable tip or piece of advice that you can tell our moms out there to help them on their nomadic journey?
Look to see how can you use the tax code to your advantage. For a mom who isn’t even thinking about location independence or anything like that, should also look at the implications of hiring her child as an employee for her business. If you are self-employed, it could be beneficial to set yourself up as an S-corp tax status.
- Learn How to Make Extra Money with a Side Hustle or Get a High Paying Salary with Time Flexibility
- Episode #30:The #1 Side Hustle for the On the Go Busy Mom with Mike Yanda and Bobby Hoyt
- Episode #52: Millionaire by 31 and How to Start An ETSY Side Hustle Business with Julie Berninger from Gold City Ventures
Episode #84: Everything You Need to Know on Opening a Roth IRA for Your Child with Penny Rose, CPA
- Trusted House Sitters
- Boundless Life – A flexible, forward-thinking education program for your children. 3-month experiences
- Working Without Borders – the world’s first company providing coworking retreats for families with culturally immersive programming for kids and teens. 30-day experiences
- Worldschoolers Bucket List – Two families traveling the world looking for adventure, education, and unique experiences.
Connect with Erin